Sunday, May 16, 2010

Kick Ass (NSFW) Trailer



I'm yet to see this movie, but I will see it on
DVD.

I first saw the original trailer that aired on TV, and thought
that would be a fun movie, then when it came out, I found
the censor had given this thing an R18.


All heck broke loose on the internet, you see this movie had
a bunch of normal people being superhero's including a 11 year
old girl who shot bad guys in the head, cut off their legs with
a sword and kills a number of bad guy, along with her father who
is played by the great Nicolas Cage.

So I thought, people aren't going to like that, a kid in
a real violent movie, but oh no, the fuss wasn't about the
violence at all, that was okay, all the fuss is that the
kid actress uses naughty language.

All these parent groups, family groups, were more concerned
with a couple of swears she says.

I'm quite stunned by this, I'm pretty sure in real life she
hears worse at school.

So why all the fuss over bad language?

It seems violence is okay, but language isn't.

Here's hoping the false hysteria will die down, and
the sequel would be given a fairer chance.

Time will tell.

No comments: