Tuesday, October 20, 2009

MMP to Go, We Live in Hope


There will be a referendum on the MMP voting system at the 2011 General Election.

The voting public of New Zealand will get to decide, if MMP is a good thing or a bad thing, and what system of voting they would prefer.

IMHO, MMP is the worst possible system that a country can use. Sure it's supporters may say the little guy can get their say, but what would the little guy know about Politics??? Seriously, I have a huge problem with a system that allows a political party that gets only 5% of the vote to hold the other 95% to ransom, a system like that, allows the likes of Rodney Hyde or Keith Locke to flourish, while those that are more centred are left out in the cold.

If I had my choice, which I will in 2011, I will vote for a American style presidential election, I love the fact that you can vote for a President to lead you, instead of relying on what party gets the most seats.

A election campaign like that must be good for the country and it's people.

Roll on 2011, when we take the first step in deciding how we elect our officials.





No comments: